RESERVATIONS & TRAVEL
All Bateleur Club reservations are done through a dedicated Reservations Team. The team will respond to members’ requests within 24 hours for South African travel or within three days for reservations in East or Southern Africa.
There are no time restrictions on Bateleur Club reservations and members can book their travel arrangements up to two years in advance, provided that their points remain valid. Members are welcome to start making travel reservations as soon as they receive their membership number.
To facilitate a speedy response, members are requested to include their membership number on all reservations requests.
For more information download the Reservations Terms and Conditions.
HOW TO MAKE RESERVATIONS
- Browse through the points guides and decide where and when you would like to travel, as well as how many points you would like to redeem.
- Make sure that you have enough points to complete your reservation or contact us to purchase additional top-up points.
- Contact the Bateleur Club Reservations Team on 011 809 4448 or via email on bateleurclub@andBeyond.com.
- Please include the following:
- Your Bateleur Club membership number
- Dates of travel
- The lodges or hotels where you wish to stay
- Any travel arrangements that you would like us to book
- Any additional activities that you would like to book at the lodges or camps where you will be staying
- Number and full names of people travelling
- The Reservations Team will help you plan and book your adventure, from accommodation and travel options to activities.
- Reservations will only be confirmed on receipt of a written request containing all the information listed above.
- You are welcome to book travel for friends, family members or employees, however, please ensure that the person making the reservation is authorised to do so. Remember to include your Bateleur Club membership number and the contact details of the people travelling.
- Should you not have enough points to process your reservation, the Reservations Team can help you to top-up with up to 500 points during the reservation process. Should you require more points than this, please contact your Relationship Manager prior to starting your reservation.
- Points redeemed for the reservation will be deducted from your total Bateleur Club points balance.
- A cancellation fee of 100% will be charged if reservations are cancelled within 45 days of travel.
- All cancellation requests must be sent to the Bateleur Club Reservations Team in writing at bateleurclub@andBeyond.com.
- Please refer to your points guide for full terms and conditions. Should there be any conflict between the terms set out here and those in the points guide, the terms in the points guide will apply. E&OE
BEFORE YOU TRAVEL
Tips & advice
- Travelling with childrenThe long distances travelled and frequent short flights in East Africa andBotswanaare more suited to children eight years and older. While children are always welcome at &Beyond lodges, for safety reasons, those five years and younger are generally not allowed on game drives. Please note that there may be different age limits for walking safaris and adventure activities. The child policy for each of the &Beyond lodges is displayed in your Bateleur Club Points Guide.
- Foreign currenciesThe currency of choice at the &Beyond lodges inEast Africais the US dollar. While the &Beyond lodges are almost always all-inclusive, when travelling outside ofSouth Africayou may want to keep some foreign currency in small denominations on you for tips and other incidental expenses. The &Beyond lodges and most of our Partner Collection should always be able to accept credit card payments, but please check with the Bateleur Club Reservations Team if you are in any doubt.
- PhotographySome tribes in rural areas, particularly the Maasai, may resent being photographed without permission. Many countries outside South Africa have restrictions on where you can take photos and it is safer not to take shots of airports, military installations, border posts, bridges and railway stations.
MAPS & SELF-DRIVE
Self-drive is a popular option in countries such asSouth AfricaandNamibia, where there is a good road network and rental cars are widely available. While there is an extensive network of tarred roads inNamibia, driving into game reserves may require negotiating some dirt roads and a 4×4 vehicle may be recommended. Travelling distances between attractions in East Africa, as well asBotswana,ZambiaandZimbabwe, are often large and road conditions are poor. Self-drive is not recommended in those countries.
See the Destinations page for self-drive directions to &Beyond lodges in South Africa and Botswana.