Luxury travel offerings exclusively for citizens or residents of the Southern African Development Community (SADC) group of African countries.
If the idea of great-value, luxury experiential travel to 29 extraordinary destinations stirs the explorer in you, then read on. Here you will find everything you need to know about our Bateleur Club Member benefits and travel offerings.
You’ll also love the ultra-convenience: find out how to join the club, how to set up your currency-based contract and use your balance for flights, transfers, accommodation, activities and purchases; book up to two years in advance at a guaranteed rate… and that’s just for starters…
Heart-and-mind African travel
An exclusive, luxury travel club, designed for citizens or residents of the Southern African Development Community (SADC), created by &Beyond, one of the world’s leading experiential travel companies. &Beyond designs personalised high-end tours in 13 countries in Africa, five in Asia and four in South America, offering discerning travellers a rare and exclusive experience of the world as it should be.
Bateleur Club Members are invited to travel with purpose – to experience our portfolio of 29 extraordinary &Beyond lodges and camps in iconic safari, scenic and island destinations, in Africa and South America – remembering that with every journey, members are supporting our commitment to leave our world a better place.
The Club accommodates both individual and corporate membership. Once your Bateleur Club Membership is in place, you are free to use your currency balance to pay for family members, friends or employees.
What can Bateleur Club Members expect?
Best value luxury travel offerings, created by &Beyond for a select group of local* travellers who share a passion for exploring the wild beauty of Africa’s safari and island destinations: a selection of &Beyond accommodation options, adventures, community interactions and hospitality that will redefine your every expectation.
And there’s more. Not only do our Club Members enjoy monthly ‘Bush Break’ Offers and Quick Getaway breakaways, there are also Special Offers that will take you beyond Africa to &Beyond Vira Vira, in Chile’s breathtaking Lake District.
Journey with heart. Each time you travel with us, you are helping us to achieve our core impact goals – Care of the Land, Wildlife and People.
*Local in this context refers to those residents of Southern African Development Community (SADC) countries. The SADC group includes Botswana, Mozambique, Namibia, South Africa, Tanzania and Kenya.
How it works:
Easy, convenient and exclusive: three steps and you will be enjoying the Club’s preferential tariffs, special offers and extraordinary destinations:
1. Join the club
One of our Relationship Managers will be happy to assist you with the formalities. A minimum currency balance of ZAR 45,000 is required to become a member, with the option of top-up amounts as and when needed.
2. Plan your travel
Browse your colour-coded Rates Guide for the best value accommodation options for the destination or time that you want to travel. Then contact us to book.
3. Use your currency balance
You may use the full value paid for your membership against your booking. Your currency balance can be used for ALL &Beyond-related purchases including taxes, flights, transfers, accommodation, activities and in-lodge purchases.
Membership: Format and Usage
- Bateleur Club Membership is secured by a minimum deposit of ZAR 45,000, and the Member’s contract remains valid for a period of three years.
- There are optional higher tiers for deposit amounts, with ZAR bonus amounts applicable in certain instances: ZAR 90,000; ZAR 180,000 (bonus ZAR 4,500) and ZAR 240,000 (bonus ZAR 9,000).
- Following this formality, the Member will be issued with a Rates Guide that is valid for a year.
- These Guides detail the amount that Members will need to spend to cover the respective costs of accommodation at the various &Beyond lodges and camps, as well as for other related costs such as transport or activities.
- These points will vary according to the lodge or camp selected and the time of year. Certain times of year offer far more favourable rates than others.
- Members are free to browse their Rates Guide and to identify these preferential times and then plan their travel accordingly.
- They may also choose to travel at any other time at the respective rate for that selected destination and month.
- A dedicated Bateleur Club Reservations Team is on hand to provide advice and action Members’ travel reservations.
- Once the Member’s reservation has been confirmed, the amount required for that reservation will be deducted from the Member’s contract currency balance.
- Should there be a deficit between the Member’s available currency balance and the value of a booking, the Member may top-up their existing Purchase Agreement to a maximum value of ZAR 12,000.
- Members have the option to authorise other individuals to make reservations on their Club account. However, only those people that have been nominated by the Member to make reservations on their behalf, will be authorised to access and draw on your currency balance.
- When the Member’s currency balance is used up, a further minimum amount of R 45,000 will be required.
How to join
- Contact our Relationship Managers.
- They will meet with you to evaluate your travel needs and answer any questions you may have about the Club.
- The Relationship Manager will explain in detail how the Club works and what the benefits are.
- Based on your travel requirements, they will be able to advise you on the most appropriate deposit amount.
What benefits can you expect?
- Preferential rates
While a Member’s travel is never limited, in low demand periods Bateleur Club rates are guaranteed to be equal to, or lower than, the best available specials for residents. For lodges outside of South Africa, the Bateleur Club low season rates will equal the best short-term specials available to residents of those countries.
- Guaranteed rates
Members may book as far ahead as two years in advance at a guaranteed rate
- Ease of use
Bateleur Club Membership is simple and uncomplicated: having made a minimum deposit of ZAR 45,000 (or an optional higher-tier amount) Members may use the full value paid for ALL &Beyond-related purchases, including taxes, flights, transfers, accommodation, lodge activities and purchases
- Ability to plan ahead
Bookings can be made up to two years ahead of travel. The Bateleur Club Rates Guides are usually available 18 months in advance, enabling long-term planning
- Access to our internal travel agency
Members can benefit from &Beyond’s years of expertise by accessing the services of Bateleur Travel, &Beyond’s internal travel agency and special flight rates
Plan your travels and start dreaming with us…
- On joining, you will be issued with a Rates Guide that is valid for a year. These Guides are issued approximately 18 months in advance. They are also available on the MyandBeyondPortal.
- Your Guide covers everything that you may use your currency balance for: from accommodation to domestic flights, road and air transfers as well as specialist safaris and other adventures. You’ll find it all laid out in a convenient and accessible format, grouped according to regions.
- You’ll find the &Beyond lodges and camps grouped according to country, with the rates (per person, per night, all inclusive) displayed per month.
- These Guides are colour coded according to price range, making it easy to see the best value-for-money options at a glance.
- The Rate Guide can be used to plan and book your travels up to 24 months in advance.
Making a reservation
- You are welcome to start making travel reservations as soon as you receive your membership number.
- Browse through the Rate Guide and decide where and when you would like to travel, as well as how much of your currency balance you would like to use.
- All Bateleur Club reservations are done through our dedicated Reservations Team.
- The team will respond to your request within 24 hours for South African travel, or within three days for reservations in East or Southern Africa.
- You may book your travel arrangements up to two years in advance, provided your Membership remains valid.
What are Quick Getaways?
- These are last-minute breakaways that are offered at &Beyond’s lodges at even more favourable rates.
- Drinks and other personal items are not included in these preferential rates and will need to be paid for separately
- Top-up payments are not permitted on Quick Getaway reservations.
- Reservations are only confirmed on receipt of a written request that includes your Bateleur Club Membership number.
- May only be confirmed at a 7-day notice, and are subject to availability.
JOIN THE CLUB
We’re looking forward to welcoming you.
Speak to one of our Relationship Managers to join the Bateleur Club today
My &Beyond Portal
Everything you need - on line
When you activate your membership on this dedicated portal, you will have immediate access to a host of benefits that include:
- The ability to check the availability of your required booking
- All the information specific to you
- Quick access to the current points guide
- All contract-related documentation
- Useful downloads
Future benefits include:
- Making your own bookings in real time
- Convenient payment portal
- Self-service statements and invoices
- Self-service reservations confirmation documentation
- Self-service electronic signing of all your Member documentation