Luxury travel offerings exclusively for citizens or residents of the Southern African Development Community (SADC) group of African countries.
If the idea of great-value, luxury experiential travel to 29 extraordinary destinations stirs the explorer in you, then read on. Here you will find everything you need to know about our Bateleur Club Member benefits and travel offerings.
You’ll also love the ultra-convenience: find out how to join the club, how to set up your currency-based contract and use your balance for flights, transfers, accommodation, activities and purchases; book up to two years in advance at a guaranteed rate… and that’s just for starters…
Now is your chance to get your hands dirty
We are thrilled to launch the Conservation & Wildlife Research Volunteer Programme at &Beyond Phinda Private Game Reserve.
Make a meaningful and sustainable difference to Africa’s wildlife, by volunteering to work alongside professional conservationists on &Beyond Phinda Private Game Reserve. Gain incredible experience and knowledge, spending each day involved with conservation projects, learning about priority species, and exploring the ‘behind-the-scenes’ of daily wildlife and reserve management.
Travel in times of uncertainty
We are all in this together, our response to COVID-19
Designed especially for children visiting our lodges and camps
Heart-and-mind African travel
An exclusive, luxury travel club, designed for citizens or residents of the Southern African Development Community (SADC), created by &Beyond, one of the world’s leading experiential travel companies. &Beyond designs personalised high-end tours in 13 countries in Africa, five in Asia and four in South America, offering discerning travellers a rare and exclusive experience of the world as it should be.
Bateleur Club Members are invited to travel with purpose – to experience our portfolio of 29 extraordinary &Beyond lodges and camps in iconic safari, scenic and island destinations, in Africa and South America – remembering that with every journey, members are supporting our commitment to leave our world a better place.
The Club accommodates both individual and corporate membership. Once your Bateleur Club Membership is in place, you are free to use your deposit balance to pay for family members, friends or employees.
What can Bateleur Club Members expect?
Best value luxury travel offerings, created by &Beyond for a select group of local* travellers who share a passion for exploring the wild beauty of Africa’s safari and island destinations: a selection of &Beyond accommodation options, adventures, community interactions and hospitality at rates that will redefine your every expectation.
And there’s more. In addition to the annual rates guides which allows members the best available rates that can be booked at long lead times, our Club Members enjoy adhoc monthly offers and Quick Getaway breakaways, as well as Special Offers that will take you beyond Africa to &Beyond Vira Vira, in Chile’s breathtaking Lake District.
Journey with heart. Each time you travel with us, you are helping us to achieve our core impact goals – Care of the Land, Wildlife and People.
*Local in this context refers to those residents of Southern African Development Community (SADC) countries. The SADC group includes Botswana, Mozambique, Namibia, South Africa, Tanzania and Kenya.
What benefits can you expect?
- Preferential rates
Members are provided with a Rates Guide that allows them access to our lodges at the lowest rates. The rates payable are dependent on the time of travel and choice of property, and can be applied to bookings up to two years in advance. We can also guarantee that for at least five months of the year, members can access the best short-term specials available to SADC residents.
- Guaranteed rates
Members may book as far ahead as two years in advance at a guaranteed rate
- Ease of use
Bateleur Club Membership is simple and uncomplicated: having made a minimum deposit of ZAR 45,000 (or an optional higher-tier amount) members may use the full deposit paid for ALL &Beyond related purchases, including taxes which may apply, flights, transfers, accommodation and lodge activities.
- Ability to plan ahead
Bookings can be made up to two years ahead of travel. The Bateleur Club Rates Guides are usually available 18 months in advance, enabling long-term planning
- Access to our internal travel agency
Members can benefit from &Beyond’s years of expertise by accessing the services of Bateleur Travel, &Beyond’s internal travel agency and special flight rates
- Ability to earn referral credits and bonus credits for larger purchases there by increasing the value.
Share the love and refer your friends and family. Once you have successfully referred your loved ones and co-workers, and they have signed up to join &Beyond’s Bateleur Club, we will give you 10% of the total value amount purchased by the new member.
- 10% discount on our virtual experiences
- Safari shop discounts
- Access to dedicated reservation team
- Dedicated newsletter including behind the scenes news from the &Beyond family
How it works
Join the club
- Bateleur Club Membership is secured by a minimum deposit of ZAR 45,000, and the Member’s contract remains valid for a period of three years.
- This is not a joining fee, the deposit amount will be used to book your first stay at our &Beyond lodges. Once this amount is depleted you will be required to make another deposit of ZAR 45,000 to remain an active member.
- There are optional higher tiers for deposit amounts, with ZAR bonus amounts applicable in certain instances: ZAR 180,000 (bonus ZAR 4,500) and ZAR 240,000 (bonus ZAR 9,000). The bonus values will be added to the deposit amount available to spend on your travel services.
- Contact our Relationship Managers to:
- Evaluate your travel needs and answer any questions you may have about the Club.
- Explain in detail how the Club works and what the benefits are.
- Advise you on the most appropriate deposit amount, based on your travel requirements.
- Issue you your rate guide that is valid for a year upon signing up
Receive your Rates guide
- These Guides detail the amount that Members will need to spend to cover the respective costs of accommodation at the various &Beyond lodges and camps, as well as for other related costs such as transport or activities.
- These currency values will vary according to the lodge or camp selected and the time of year. Certain times of year offer far more favourable rates than others.
- Members are free to browse their Rates Guide and to identify these preferential times and then plan their travel accordingly.
- Members may also choose to travel at any other time at the respective rate for that selected destination and month.
Plan your travel
- Members can browse the colour-coded rates guide for the best value accommodation options for the destination or time that they want to travel. Then contact us to book.
- A dedicated Bateleur Club Reservations Team is on hand to provide advice and action Members’ travel reservations.
- You may use the full value paid for your membership against your booking. Your deposit balance can be used for ALL &Beyond-related purchases including taxes, flights, transfers, accommodation, activities and in-lodge purchases.
- Once the Member’s reservation has been confirmed, the amount required for that reservation will be deducted from the Member’s contract deposit balance.
Increase your deposit balance
- Should there be a deficit between the Member’s available deposit balance and the value of a booking, the Member may top-up their existing Purchase Agreement to a maximum value of ZAR 12,000.
- Members have the option to authorise other individuals to make reservations on their Club account. However, only those people that have been nominated by the Member to make reservations on their behalf, will be authorised to access and draw on your deposit balance.
- When the Member’s deposit balance is used up, a further minimum amount of ZAR 45,000 will be required.
Plan your travels and start dreaming with us…
- On joining, you will be issued with a Rates Guide that is valid for a year. These Guides are issued approximately 18 months in advance. They are also available on the MyandBeyondPortal.
- Your Guide covers everything that you may use your deposit balance for: from accommodation to domestic flights, road and air transfers as well as specialist safaris and other adventures. You’ll find it all laid out in a convenient and accessible format, grouped according to regions.
- You’ll find the &Beyond lodges and camps grouped according to country, with the rates (per person, per night, all inclusive) displayed per month.
- These Guides are colour coded according to price range, making it easy to see the best value-for-money options at a glance.
- The Rates Guide can be used to plan and book your travels up to 24 months in advance.
Making a reservation
- You are welcome to start making travel reservations as soon as you receive your membership number.
- Browse through the Rates Guide and decide where and when you would like to travel, as well as how much of your deposit balance you would like to use.
- All Bateleur Club reservations are done through our dedicated Reservations Team.
- The team will respond to your request within 24 hours for South African travel, or within three days for reservations in East or Southern Africa.
- You may book your travel arrangements up to two years in advance, provided your Membership remains valid.
What are Quick Getaways?
- These are last-minute breakaways that are offered at &Beyond’s lodges at even more favourable rates.
- Drinks and other personal items are not included in these preferential rates and will need to be paid for separately
- Top-up payments are not permitted on Quick Getaway reservations.
- Reservations are only confirmed on receipt of a written request that includes your Bateleur Club Membership number.
- May only be confirmed at a 7-day notice, and are subject to availability.
JOIN THE CLUB
We’re looking forward to welcoming you.
Speak to one of our Relationship Managers to join the Bateleur Club today
My &Beyond Portal
Everything you need - on line
When you activate your membership on this dedicated portal, you will have immediate access to a host of benefits that include:
- The ability to check the availability of your required booking
- All the information specific to you
- Quick access to the current Rates Guide
- All contract-related documentation
- Useful downloads
Future benefits include:
- Making your own bookings in real time
- Convenient payment portal
- Self-service statements and invoices
- Self-service reservations confirmation documentation
- Self-service electronic signing of all your Member documentation